What is safe families?
A movement of families helping children and parents in crisis. We create extended family-like supports for families through a community of devoted volunteers who are motivated by faith to keep children safe and to reunite families.
Why does Grace partner with Safe Families?
We believe in the real expressions of love that Jesus showed to children. Jesus never accepted the marginalization of any group of people, kids, women, disabled, poor - you name 'em Jesus loved them. At Grace, we see that we have families who can meet the tangible and spiritual needs of other families in our community to keep families together and demonstrate the love of Jesus to our world, one family at a time.
Stories that make God smile
- Just Being PeopleAbout two years ago, one of our host families began a hosting for Brittany*, a young single mom. A natural friendship began, and the families kept in touch with each other after the placement was over. When COVID hit hard in the spring of 2020, Brittany’s small business (a hair ... read more
- With A Little Help From My FriendsFor many of us, life in the past year has been a struggle. Now imagine adding to that struggle — you’re an overwhelmed young mom with a 1-year-old, struggling to find/ keep a job, desperately in search of housing and childcare, pregnant with twins, and due to give birth any ... read more
- My Desperate Quest for Ice Cream“If you come home from the park right now, I promise you something special!” I yelled in desperation. “What will it be, Miss Stephanie?” the young voice yelled back. “We’ll go get ice cream!” I will admit it was an absolute bribe, since I knew the young boys in ... read more
- Reaching FurtherSince starting in 2003, Safe Families for Children has made it a mission to continue to nurture the movement of radical hospitality by partnering with church communities nationwide. This allows Safe Families the ability to reach further than thought possible, keeping children safe and strengthening the family unit as a ... read more
- New life, New OpportunityThe dictionary definition for the term “crisis”, according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, is “an emotionally significant event or radical change of status in a person’s life”. Almost everyone experiences a crisis at least once in their life. Especially when entering new stages, one can be overwhelmed and feel as though ... read more