The Guatemala trip has become a tradition. Contact the leader to learn more and apply for next summer's trip!
Original Gracer's Mark & Julie Farmer roast Guatemala coffee and sell it. All of the proceeds are directed to fund projects on the Guatemala trips.
Every year before the team goes they start posting and they don't stop until their debriefing meeting is over. Check it out here.
Each short-term trip is unique and the Guatemala trip involves wheelchairs, stoves, hammers and lots of hiking. Learn more.
Do you drink coffee? It almost seems like the wrong question. We've tried the Guat's Up coffee, folks, it's good, and we're giant coffee snobs!
Rick Fulton, the founder of Mission Mobility, leads Short-term trips to Guatemala, partnering with Grace Community Church. During these trips, teams work alongside Bethel Ministries to distribute the wheelchairs and walkers that they’ve been collecting all year long.
Teams also build metal homes for families. These homes typically include a fuel-efficient wood stove, triple bunk beds and pouring a concrete floor. The team also collected ( they do a lot of work while they’re still state-side ) food, clothes and blankets to distribute and they carry it with them throughout the week as they distribute it in multiple locations.
Guatemala Missions Trip
July 20 - 27, 2020
Rick Fulton, a member of the North Liberty congregation will be leading the upcoming trip to Guatemala. Interested in going? Fill out the application below.
The application deadline is Friday, Feb 14, 2020.
Have questions about the trip? Email Rick at email@example.com
- A home for the Lordby Josh Abdo After today we are now halfway through our time in Guatemala. The joy and purpose we have in being here is also paired with tiredness as we spend many hours each day ... read more
- Tomato Soup?by Rick Futon Yesterday, Chuck, Ema, Megan, Ingrid, Darlene, Seth and I were on the afternoon stove team. This week our goal is to install 8 of these stoves in homes. Plus one in each of the homes we will install a total of 10. We build these efficient Onil ... read more
- Through a Different Lentes (Glasses)by Megan Lehman Over the past three years, I’ve loved being a member of these trips and one of my favorite parts has always been the wheelchair distributions. Out of all these trips, however, ... read more
- God Sightings #1 – where we saw HIM todayby Rick Fulton God sightings 1 Each evening after dinner, we recap the day. Even when a group of people are in the same room, they each can see something different. If recalled, those ... read more
- Day 1: Wheelchair distribution 1 +by Rick Fulton Up early and excited to take on the day! Breakfast at 7! It was a wonderful family style breakfast of eggs, tortillas, Guatemalan black beans and fried plantains! Breakfast of champions! After a short drive to the community center in the middle of Salama, we ... read more