These are the requirements for getting married at Grace Community Church or by one of our pastors:
- Our goal is to provide wedding services in the support of a caring community of believers at Grace. Therefore, you or your fiancé (fiancée) must be members or regular attendees of Grace for at least six months prior to your wedding.
- Both of you must be biblical Christians (John 3:3-7).
- Both of you must attend the Preparing for Marriage class instructed by one of our pastors or someone they designate. This consists of six-eight weekly sessions.
- We believe, according to God’s Word, that God has laid out certain ground rules concerning what is and what is not proper concerning the living arrangements of couples (see 1 Corinthians 6:12-20 and 7:1-9). We believe that in a “love relationship,” only the marriage covenant permits a man and a woman to live together (Hebrews 13:4). If you are living together, you must find separate living arrangements before inquiring about getting married.
- If this is not your first marriage for either of you, the reason for the breakup of the first marriage must meet the criteria the Bible gives for dissolving a marriage. Please refer to page 3 (Marriage, Divorce, and Remarriage) of Weddings at Grace.
Please notify the church office as soon as possible to:
- Check for building availability (319.626.2040)
- Tentatively reserve the facilities for your wedding
- Register for the next Preparing for a Marriage class
Carefully review the Weddings at Grace Packet. If you are ready to make a commitment to meet the wedding requirements, please request a Wedding Reservation Form from the office.
Complete the Wedding Reservation Form and return it to the office with a $100.00 deposit.
Your tentative facility reservation will be held for a maximum of 30 days until this step is completed.
Wedding ceremonies performed in our building by pastors other than our own must have prior approval of Grace Community Church's leadership.
Once received, your facility reservation will then be moved from pending to confirmed status and you will receive a confirmation letter from our Wedding Coordinator. Though having a confirmed facility reservation, your wedding will be contingent upon your completion of the Wedding Requirements.
Scheduling priority will be given to those first asking for a specific date, and first receiving their confirmation letter. Scheduling exceptions may be made only upon the approval of the church leadership.
Wedding date availability will also be subordinate to the church calendar of events.