What is Biblical Counseling?
Biblical counseling could also be described as comprehensive discipleship. We identify the following four elements as integral parts of biblical counseling (or comprehensive discipleship).
- Being centered on Christ – Colossians 1:15-23
- Reliant on the ministry of the Holy Spirit – Galatians 5:16 & 22-25
- Based on the sufficiency of scripture for all of life’s circumstances – 2 Timothy 3:16 & Hebrews 4:12-13
- Done in the presence of biblical community – Hebrews 10:24-25 & Ephesians 4
What types of help do we offer?
At Grace we offer five types of counseling:
- Individual Counseling
- Premarital Counseling
- Marriage Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Financial Counseling
What training is required of our counselors?
All of our counselors are required to go through the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC) training process. We also require that they be in biblical community on a personal level and that they attend our two-semester Soul Care class. All of our staff pastors do counseling, some of our staff do counseling and a few from our congregation are also ACBC trained counselors.
What does it cost?
Our counseling comes free of a monetary charge, however, it does require a commitment. We require our counselees to commit to three things:
- Being in biblical community while they're part of the counseling process.
- Doing the homework that they're assigned at the end of each session.
- Coming with a humble and teachable attitude.
Interested in biblical counseling? Let us know!
Due to a large backlog of those seeking counseling we are not currently accepting new requests. We anticipate accepting new requests for counseling later this fall. If you are a MEMBER of Grace Community Church and have an urgent need for counseling, please contact the church office.