Child Wellness Policy
For health standards, children must be free from fever or symptoms of a contagious disease for 24 hours. Here are some signs of illness...
- A runny nose
- Fever in the past 24 hours
- A persistent or hacking cough
Check-in begins 10 minutes before each service starts. If you’re a first-time guest you will need to fill out a registration card to check your children for our kids classes and receive security stickers. The stickers serve two purposes:
- Parent Paging - If we need you during service, the number on your sticker will be displayed.
- Child Pick-up - You must present your portion of the sticker before we release your child.
Our goal in the Special Needs Ministry is to help each individual find the best fit for growing their faith and for sharing their spiritual gifts. We welcome all children to our Sunday classes, and we also know that some children need extra help for success. We believe that all children are made in the image of God and have been given the ability to worship and serve Him. We offer a buddy for each child that needs extra support in the classroom and work with parents/guardians to find the right balance for their child on Sunday morning. We also have a sensory room for when kids need a break from class time.
Our volunteers are required to be trained and screened. Let us know of any allergies or medical conditions your child may have.
How do we start?
To participate in our special needs program we ask that you submit a contact form. Our Special Needs Coordinator will follow up with your family when she receives your form. This allows our ministry staff, teachers and volunteers to provide a safe and loving environment for your child.
We realize that our Special Needs Families can face a unique challenge during family sit-together Sundays. To that end, we work with our Special Needs families on an individual basis to provide class time for any age during the family sit-together Sundays and seasons.
- Dancing with Max by Emily Colson
- Just the Way I Am: God’s Good Design in Disability by Krista Horning
- Chosen for Charlie: When God Gifts You with a Special-Needs Child by Jen Forsthoff
- Same Lake Different Boat: Coming Alongside People Touched by Disability by Stephanie O. Hubach
- More Children's Ministry Resources